Dr. Baez is a Substance Abuse Professional, SAP qualified to perform Substance Abuse Evaluations in employees that have violated a DOT drug and alcohol program. The purpose of this evaluation is to make a diagnosis if applicable, recommendations related to treatment, follow up testing, and relapse prevention.
Dr. Baez does not represent the employer nor the employee instead her role is to professionally evaluate the employee in regards to their abilities to perform their duties safely.
At times these evaluations are required as part of a pre-employment process when the individual has a history of a substance use disorder or has disclosed legal issues in the past related with the use of distribution of substances.
DOT-Regulated & SAP Required Agencies:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- United States Coast Guard (USCG)
These evaluations are also requested by other entities in need of similar evaluations as U.S. Customs and Border Protection, etc.